We are pleased to announce our Squad Training will return for the coming season 2019/20.
● Wednesday 4th of September at 6:30am to 8:00am (6:00am warm up) - Courts 1 and 2
● Sunday 8th of September at 3:00pm to 5:00pm (2:30pm warm up) - Courts 4 and 5
Our expectation is that participants will commit to a season of training with the squad, and representing CBVA in tournaments.
● Local tournaments for A/AA players; additionally
● State and National level tournaments for AAA players.
The season commences mid September and will continue through to the end of March.
This season will be divided into two terms (for payment purposes only):
● Term 1 - 16th September to 15th December (13 weeks)
● Term 2 - 6th January to 29th March (12 weeks)
Each squad will train twice a week: once in the morning and once in the afternoon.
How will squads be selected?
As communicated earlier this year, the steps below outline the selection process:
1. Coaches will collectively make decisions about who to include in the squads using the criteria below as guidelines.
2. Independent representation from the CBVA Board will oversee this process to ensure there is reasonable discussion and valid consensus.
3. The initial selection of players will be reviewed by the independent CBVA Board representatives.
4. Initial offers will be made to selected players. Those who have not made the initial selection will also be notified at the same time.
5. There is an element of iteration to this process, in which case, the previous steps will take place.
What are the criteria?
● Tournament results and participation - points collected from major tournaments (NBVA and up) from the last 3 seasons (dependent on the availability of data)
● Commitment to development - positive behaviours and mindset such as attending training, and consistent skill development.
● Player potential - preference will be given to those players who exhibit potential to be developed into high-performing players in the future.
● Current player level - preference will be given those who players who currently exhibit a high level of performance (demonstrated at trials or otherwise).
Each participant will be provided feedback in relation to the four criteria above.
Register your interest (especially if you’re unable to attend) by completing the Google form available at https://forms.gle/
Please feel free to send us an email to email@example.com if you have any further questions.